Last December, I was able to flash my phone from windows 6.1 (the official rom) to a windows mobile 6.5 (cooked rom). So what is the difference with the two mobile operating systems?
1. The UI is more appealing and everything can be accessed in the desktop.
2. The Slider that is somehow taken from Iphone's slide to unlock.
3. It saves more battery than the official rom of samsung.
4. of course, no memory consuming widgets!
5. as for the others? its still the same.
There are cooked rom's that have manila 2d (touchflo 2d) and some doesn't. I was able to try both and found that the one without the manila 2d is much better for me.